Soup is good and tasty and warm, so we’ve been eating a lot of it lately to fend off the oncoming winter cold. This soup has an especially good flavour because the vegetables are roasted….and an added bonus is that the oven will keep your kitchen warm for a few hours afterwards!
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 leek
- 1 red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180c°
- Peel, seed and chop the butternut squash. Roughly chop the leek and red onion.
- Place veg and garlic into an oven-proof dish and drizzle with oil and dried sage.
- Roast in the oven for around 30 minutes until the veg is soft
- Place the veg into a saucepan with the broth and puree until smooth
- Season with salt and pepper to taste